ME209 - Thermodynamics
Course was not very difficult. It is easy to follow if you have a good grip on thermodynamics from JEE.
Time Commitment Required
Low-Medium. Staying regular with lectures helps
Grading Policy and Statistics
Normal. Around 10% AAs, 15% ABs so on
25% quiz 2
Topics Covered in the Course
• Basic concepts and definitions the work interaction
• The first law, energy and the heat interaction
• The zeroth law, temperature and scales of temperature
• Properties of gases and liquids, equations of state
• The second law, thermodynamic temperature scales and entropy
• Relations between properties
• Open thermodynamic systems
Youtube links to lectures were given and doubt sessions were conducted once a week during class hours.
Assignments were medium level. Few were given but took time to solve.
Feedback on Exams
All exams were alike. 40% easy, 40% medium, maybe 1 hard question and 1 question which would require reasoning and out of the box thinking.
CDEEP lectures by Prof. Gaitonde
Interesting relevant links
Lectures by Prof. Gaitonde
The videos are unlisted on youtube, so you can watch them from CDEEP
ME 209 Review By: A.Vikram